We are working to modernize the functionality, appearance and content of our website.
We welcome your views on how we can improve!
- Financial services
- Museums Foundation of Canada
- Retail Consortium Program
- Special Projects
- Young Canada Works
- Corporate Members
- Museum Directory
- The Award of Excellence in Philanthropy
- The Awards of Outstanding Achievement
- The Award of Distinguished Service
- The Fellows of the CMA
- The Barbara A. Tyler Award in Museum Leadership
- ICOM Canada's International Achievement Award
- Recognizing Canadian Museum Volunteers
- Dr. Shirley L. Thomson Young Curators Award
- Governor General’s History Award for Excellence in Museums: History Alive!
Canadian Museums Association
280 Metcalfe Street, Suite 400
Ottawa ON K2P 1R7
General inquiries: email@example.com
Phone: 613-567-0099 or 1-888-822-2907
Executive Director and CEO
Dr. Vitali joined the CMA as Executive Director and CEO in 2019. Dr. Vitali is a physicist, art historian, museum director, master planner, and a Canadian. Fluent in both official Canadian languages, Dr. Vitali has directed or been involved at a senior level with museums of various sizes and interests nationally, as well as with heritage, contemporary art, and overall cultural concerns globally. She has also taught museum and related studies here in Canada, in the United States, and in France. Dr. Vitali was the Chief Information Officer of the International Center for Innovation and Transfer of Technology in Jiaxing, China and has held roles as CEO of New Zealand’s Auckland Museum, Vice President for Public Programs at the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, museology advisor to the president of the Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto, and director of the ROM's Institute of Contemporary Culture. Honoured by the World Academy for the Future of Women, she has been designated as Chevalier of Art and Culture of France and is the recipient of the Jim Blackaby Ingenuity Award from the AAM.
Finance and Operations
Sue Lamothe, CAE
Public Affairs and Museum Advancement
Conferences and sponsorship
Young Canada Works Program