We are working to modernize the functionality, appearance and content of our website.
We welcome your views on how we can improve!
- Financial services
- Special Projects
- Young Canada Works
- Corporate Members
- Museum Directory
- The Award of Excellence in Philanthropy
- The Awards of Outstanding Achievement
- The Award of Distinguished Service
- The Fellows of the CMA
- The Barbara A. Tyler Award in Museum Leadership
- ICOM Canada's International Achievement Award
- Recognizing Canadian Museum Volunteers
- Dr. Shirley L. Thomson Young Curators Award
- Governor General’s History Award for Excellence in Museums: History Alive!
The objects of this Association shall be to advance public museum services in Canada, to promote the welfare and better administration of museums, and to foster a continuing improvement in the qualifications and practices of museums professionals by:
(a) aiding in the improvement of museums and institutions for the collection, preservation, research, exhibition and interpretation of the works of man and nature;
(b) acting, at the national level, as an information consultant and as a clearinghouse for information of interest to museums and museum professionals;
(c) promoting, supporting and developing museum training programs;
(d) advancing among museum employees the observance of high standards of ethical conduct and professional practice;
(e) extending job placement assistance to individuals and institutions;
(f) acting as a spokesman for the museum community in Canada, with a view to protecting and/or furthering its interests;
(g) co-operating with other associations, regional, national and international;
(h) contributing to the public understanding of the functions of museums.
Download Constitution and By-law No. 1 (PDF)