- Financial services
- Museums Foundation of Canada
- Retail Consortium Program
- Special Projects
- Young Canada Works
- Corporate Members
- Museum Directory
- The Award of Excellence in Philanthropy
- The Awards of Outstanding Achievement
- The Award of Distinguished Service
- The Fellows of the CMA
- The Barbara A. Tyler Award in Museum Leadership
- ICOM Canada's International Achievement Award
- Recognizing Canadian Museum Volunteers
- Dr. Shirley L. Thomson Young Curators Award
- Governor General’s History Award for Excellence in Museums: History Alive!
What are you planning for International Museum Day?
This year, the theme for International Museum Day is "Museums as Cultural Hubs: The Future of Tradition." As museums increasingly grow into their roles as cultural hubs, they are also finding new ways to honour their collections, their histories and their legacies. CMA will be participating in the celebration by having CMA staff post selfies and pictures on May 16-18. CMA also encourages all Canadian institutions to join on and around May 18.
Tag #IMD2019 and #CanMuse on your International Museum Day social media posts to help let others see what you are up to!
New this year and to help you along, the CMA has developed a uniquely “Canadian” version of the poster with various graphic applications to assist you with your promotion of this special day (look for assets to download the templates).
Join the cross-Canada celebrations this month by simply downloading the files in English or French and use this month as you recognize this special day in whatever way you choose.
Happy International Museum Day!
Images from 2018 International Museum Day:
Unless otherwise indicated, the views expressed by any participant at any activity organized by the Canadian Museums Association (CMA) reflect the opinion of the specific participant, and do not necessarily represent the views or policies of the CMA. Participants are expected to be constructive, respectful and professional in their engagement at CMA events.