- Financial services
- Museums Foundation of Canada
- Retail Consortium Program
- Special Projects
- Young Canada Works
- Museum Directory
- The Awards of Outstanding Achievement
- The Award of Distinguished Service
- The Fellows of the CMA
- The Barbara A. Tyler Award in Museum Leadership
- ICOM Canada's International Achievement Award
- The Museum Volunteer Award
- Dr. Shirley L. Thomson Young Curators Award
- Governor General’s History Award for Excellence in Museums: History Alive!
- Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medals
Nomination and Appointment of New Fellows
Appointment as a Fellow is the highest form of recognition bestowed by the Canadian Museums Association. There can be no more than 50 Fellows at any time, and therefore inclusion in this order indicates significant accomplishment. All nominations are forwarded to the CMA Board of Directors for selection, and the presentation of the title is made at the National Conference.
To be appointed as a fellow, nominees must be, or have been, individual members of the CMA.
November 15 each year.
Nominations must specifically outline each of the following:
- Anominee must be, or have been, a member of the Canadian Museums Association.
- A nominee must have contributed in a distinctive and exemplary fashion to the profession, and demonstrate continued intellectual engagement in the field.
- A nominee must have contributed to the advancement of museums.
- A nominee must have contributed to the work of the Canadian Museums Association.
- A nominee's contribution should be cumulative over time, and have had an impact that is regional, national or international in effect.
- A nominee must demonstrate a commitment to the vision, mission, and values of the Canadian museum community as reflected in the strategic plan of the Canadian Museums Association.
- The nominee should maintain lifelong participation in the community to the extent possible.
- Any current CMA Board or staff member is not eligible for nomination during her/his tenure/employment, and such exclusion would extend to such Board or Staff member's personal partner except in exceptional circumstances.
A nomination must be made by three sponsors, one of whom must be a Fellow and the others CMA members in good standing.
Complete the nomination form and attach the following:
- Provide a master list that documents all the material provided with the nomination form.
- A statement, no longer than 300-500 words, explaining why the nominee should be appointed as a Fellow, including a description of how the person meets the required criteria.
- A full résumé of the nominee's career.
- Any other relevant documentation.
- An explanatory letter of support from each sponsor must be included.
Note that support materials submitted will NOT be returned.